Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 95 9:30:03 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        Psycho3439@aol.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: problems

> i am trying to install freebsd 2.0 onto my computer. i downloaded all
> binaries and the 2 boot diskette images. when i try to boot with the
> boot_144.flp floppy in my a drive it comes to the boot prompt.  if i select
> default or /kernel -c it will start the bootup but never gets to the line
> "checking memory (8meg)".  i either get a repeating error message or my
> system hangs

What is the error message?

> i have tryed my boot diskette in a ibm ps1 consultant (386sx25 6meg) and a
> ibm ps1 486sx25 8meg.  on both machines the system booted up until i got to
> the installation screen.

Is this one an error message or a keyboard freeze?

By default, the keyboard on these things is in a wierd (non-default)
mode and you need to outb to the keyboard controller to make it happy.

The patch for it was posted once or twice and should be in the archives.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.