Date:      Fri, 22 May 1998 10:26:11 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ensoniq AudioPCI

Howdy,

I've been asked to get ensoniq AudioPCI based cards working with FreeBSD.
It seems that NetBSD and Linux both have support for 'em, so we're a
bit behind on that front.  Is anyone playing with this under
Luigi's new driver framework?  It appears to be mostly ISA based.  Adding
PCI support to it would look like mostly a hack.

Has anyone looked at the NetBSD sound subsystem?  I'd say it looks kind
of promising; but I'm not too keen on yet another audio system...

any ideas?

tia,
Eric

--