Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:10:47 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NEW VIRUS - Read this!(No the virus isn't included!)

Well, I know there was a mod_perl handler out for the Code Red virus
(Apache::CodeRed), which I was thrilled to install.  Any idea if there
is a similar handler out for Nimda?  (Ha.  Looks like admin spelled
backwards)

I've gotten 6,000 hits today.  Knowing I'm probably on the lighter
side, this is pretty scary.  M1 news and web servers are totally
trashed.  This sucks big time.

On 09/18/01 04:56 PM, DrTebi sat at the `puter and typed:
> A little help to keep your apache logs clean (it's not perfect, but does at
> least save you some of those stupid hacking attempts). Put this into your
> httpd.conf file:
>
> # mircosoft viruses
> SetEnvIf Request_URI \.exe$ other=ms-bs
> SetEnvIf Request_URI \.dll$ other=ms-bs
>
> CustomLog /path/to/your/access_log env=!other
>

> Any improvements are greatly appreciated.
> DrTebi

Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

Foolproof Operation: