Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 1997 19:25:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2 src tarball missing kern files....

I recently downloaded some tarballs from freefall:  src.tar.gz and docs.tar.gz.
Just found, when trying to rebuild my system that I am missing some kernel-
related files.

In /usr/share/mk, bsd.kern.mk is missing.  When I copied a dummy file to that
name and did a `make depend' I saw the following errors:

In file included from ../../sys/conf.h:226,
                 from ../../dev/vx/if_vx.c:62:
./machine/conf.h:6: ioconf.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Can anybody help?

My floppy drive is shot---possibly a bad cable?---so I'm trying to
do this without using boot.flp.

Thanks for any clues.

gary kline