Date:      Fri, 04 Sep 1998 13:49:01 -0400
From:      Sourav Ghosh <sourav@cs.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Modem problems

Hello,

I was trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.7 on my PC through ppp. The PC
(SYNERA by Packard Bell) has  the modem with x2 technology from U.S.
Robotics. I could not make ppp work. The system stalls whenever I enter
terminal mode from ppp. It fails to talk to modem  and I can't come out
of the terminal mode either.
The modem works fine with windows. What could be the reason for this?
The modem is on
COM1.

Thanks.

--