Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 1997 14:33:04 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

Unless there are any truly serious objections, I'm going to starting
campaigning vigorously in core for the complete removal of this rather
useless collection of games which has gotten us in trouble not once
but now TWICE upon receipt of a letter from Hasbro's legal council
stating that we are violating the trademark on "Boggle", a Hasbro
game.

It looks like the folks at UCB who originally put this collection
together were as ignorant as it's possible to get about trademarks,
and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before another game from this
collection joins the ranks of tetris and boggle as "things which screw
up our CVS tree when we're forced to remove all traces of the damn
things."

Adding this to the fact that the "games" there are antiquated and
probably never actually played by anyone suggests, to me, a strong
need to simply nuke the bloody things once and for all and stop
distributing games from anywhere but /usr/ports/games (where fortune,
arguably one of the few "games" still in wide use, could easily be
moved).

					Jordan