Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:12:01 +1000
From:      "Andrew Johns" <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        "paz" <paz@apriori.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ipchains in FreeBSD

No problem - fire up:
'tcpdump -s 1600 -x -w tcp.output'
and then use something like ethereal to analyse the output, so that you
can identify where it is failing and thence, why it is so.  Then you'll
be able to add rules to allow those packets back and forth through your
firewall - I'd imagine that they'd be something along the lines of:

ipfw add <rule_number> allow tcp 3568 from any to <internal_ip> in
ipfw add <rule_number+1> allow tcp 3569 from <internal_ip> to any out

These rules assume that it's using tcp, if not sub in udp instead.  You
may also want to limit the <any> to a specified set of servers.

HTH

AJ

[snip]