Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 19:41:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   accellerated moused.c patches

Before I send them off, how many people are actually interested in a
version of moused that offers mouse accelleration? I hacked this up
because I got tired of having to drag my finger across my glidepoint three
times to get all the way across my X screen.

Basically, it adds two options to moused, -A <accelfactor> and -T
threshold.  Basically, any movement that falls under the threshold remains
unmodified, any thing over the threshold either gets multiplied by the
accelfactor, or gets a geometric progression algorithm applied. This way
slow movement still lets you get pixel-precise, but fast movement lets you
cross the screen fast.

It uses a lookup table rather than computing the values on the fly, so it
doesn't cost much, except 256 bytes, and table setup at startup.

So, what's the general interest level? I've got patches against 2.2-971126
moused.c, do I send them to someone for submission, or do I keep them for
myself?