Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:17:16 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: KDE = K.D.E.A.D! (2.2.2 to 3.0.1, cvspass?)

On 2002-08-06 21:56 +0000, Peter Leftwich wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > but if you are using csh(1) or a similar shell:
> > 	% setenv CVSROOT ':pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde'
> > Note the lack of an equal sign (`=') in the second example.
> > - Giorgos
>
> Yeah, I use tcsh for a shell (who in their right mind would use sh or csh
> instead of bash, ksh, tcsh or one like these) and appreciate your setting
> me straight.  By the way, can't cvs or cvsup include this CVSROOT info on
> the command line, hence leading to a more general success rate?

Yes, of course it can.  Use the -d option to cvs:

	$ cvs -d ':pserver:cvs@server:/path' login
	$ cvs -d ':pserver:cvs@server:/path' checkout foo-module

You would have to explicitly specify the -d option in all the
invocations of CVS though[1], and this can get boring after a while.

- Giorgos

[1] Well, not exactly 100% *all* of them, since CVS will in some very
    well defined cases, pick up the "working CVSROOT" from the local
    files and happily use it.  But that's a detail you'll find out
    easily after using CVS for a while.