Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:07:08 -0700
From:      "Kip Macy" <kip.macy@gmail.com>
To:        "Achim Patzner" <ap@bnc.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iSCSI boot mussings

On 3/16/07, Achim Patzner <ap@bnc.net> wrote:
> On 16.03.2007, at 16:59, John Nielsen wrote:
> > A truly standalone iSCSI client will most likely want to use a TOE
> > card, which
> > to the OS looks like any other SCSI adapter. (I'm unsure which if
> > any such
> > cards are currently supported in FreeBSD, but that's a tangential
> > question.)
>
> Maybe someone feels like playing with these: http://www.myri.com/
> Myri-10G/10gbe_solutions.html

There are at least a half dozen if not a dozen HBA iSCSI initiators.
The only gating factor is price. A pxebooted ramdisk image with an
iSCSI software initiator in it is probably the best way to go for most
people. I don't think that there is a FreeBSD driver for any of the
current hardware iSCSI HBAs.

                      -Kip