Date:      10 Sep 1998 22:41:42 +0200
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Co=EFdan?=  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed

Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com> writes:
> Yeah, me too.  Those who think ed is bad should try, for instance,
> that horrid editor that came with CP/M, or "sos" on TOPS-10.  Or,

Son Of Stopgap, an editor that was written to replace an editor that
was written to replace an editor while waiting for the next (better)
editor. Or something like that.

> as an example of something other FreeBSD'ers MAY have seen, edlin.
> Remember that barfluous little botch?

Actually, most of my acquaintances agree that edlin and debug are
Microsoft's two best products ever. You wouldn't imagine how much fun
one can have with debug... My favorite DOS horror story is about the
time I rebuilt my primary FAT using debug as a hex editor :)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - dag-erli@ifi.uio.no