Date:      Thu, 25 May 2000 22:33:20 +0200
From:      gouders@et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ping -R

Hello,

currently I am reading Richard Steven's book TCP/IP Illustrated Vol.1
and recognized that one of the examples in the book - ping -R - cannot
be performed from (and to) my FreeBSD machines:

FreeBSD musashi 3.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE #4: Tue Apr 11
12:12:17 CEST 2000 root@musashi:/usr/src/sys/compile/MUSASHI  i386

as well as

FreeBSD karga 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #5: Wed May 17
22:00:01 CEST 2000 root@karga:/usr/src/sys/compile/KARGA  i386

ping seems to transmit packets but produces no output and after
cancelling the program it tells me about a loss of all sent
packets...

Does anyone know about that problem?

Dirk