Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 01:24:53 -0500
From:      "Phastnet" <phastnet@bellsouth.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DSL, etc.

Hi, I am currently starting an ISP using FreeBSD (great idea, huh?), and
need some help understanding a few things. My current startup setup is a
FreeBSD box with a Multiport serial card, some analog modems, and some
analog phone lines. It works great, but I want to know how to expand past
just offering 33.6 analog connections. I do realize that providing ISDN
would be pretty easy, just using digital modems & phone lines in place of my
current analog ones would do the trick I think. But, my questions arise when
trying to provide DSL access or 56k (v.90) access to my customers. If
someone could point me to some resources on the web that might clear things
up for me, I'd definitely appreciate it. Thanks a ton!!

Shawn M.
phastnet.com