Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:16:40 -0600
From:      "Joshua Richesin" <jrichesin@peoplepc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   compaq laptop 1245 modem

Sorry about the HTML format of my previous email on this topic.

Hi, My name is Josh Richesin,  I am new to FreeBSD and have a question
pertaining to installing a modem for a compaq 1245 laptop.

I have freebsd 4.1 installed on my laptop.  Everything is working ok.  The
only thing that I cant do is get the modem up and running.  I was told be a
person in the IRC chat room #bsd that it was most likely a winmodem and that
I would be out of luck.  If this is true, could someone tell me what I
should do so I could connect my laptop to the internet.  Also, If I can use
the laptop's current modem, Where do I need to start?  I appericatie any
help that I can get on this.

Josh Richesin
(newbie)