Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 08:19:03 +0200
From:      "Peter N. M. Hansteen" <peter@bgnett.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Experiences with SMC8035TX (PCMCIA ethernet) or other dongleless PCMCIA ethernet

I'm shopping around for dongleless PCMCIA ethernet cards (the external
'couplers' invariably break horribly after a few months), and the SMC8035TX
was recommended to me as one which works well under recent linuxes at least.

The next question, then, is: has anybody used it successfully with FreeBSD?
Available docs start at
http://www.smc-europe.com/product/cards/8035A/middlef.htm.

I'd be much indebted for any tips on this or other dongleless ethernet PCMCIA
cards that *just work*.

- Peter