Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:36:34 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Support for Xircom CreditCard Bluetooth adapter?

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

> > today I got hold of a Xircom CreditCard Bluetooth adapter. When I put i=
>
> i have the same card. this is 16550 UART based card. the sio(4) driver
> will recognize it as serial port/modem. i can make it work with OLDCARD.

Ah, this is good news. The freeze might be related to NEWCARD.

> IMPORTANT: due to problems with sio(4) driver (buffer overrun errors even
> under light load) you probably will not be able to use this card. bluetoo=
th
> H4 link *must* be reliable. i can only do very limited testing before sio=
(4)
> starts complaining about buffer overrun errors and bluetooth links become=
> broken.

Hm, I'll try it and report my experiences, thanks!

regards,
le

--=20
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl@univie.ac.at
UNIX-Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)       Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
der Universit=E4t Wien                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/