Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:27:00 +0100
From:      Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
Subject:   Re: Cryptographic hardware support

>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com> writes:

 Jonathan> The OpenBSD driver doesn't fit completely into the FreeBSD
 Jonathan> framework, and the existing driver needs substantial cleanup
 Jonathan> as well.

From a quick glance at the code, It didn't look familiar (I'm trying to
understand driver programming atm)

 Jonathan> The OpenBSD guys are currently revamping their framework, so
 Jonathan> the target is in a state of flux.

Too bad, a common api for offloading (ipsec, rng, ssl computations)
would be nice.

 Jonathan> Yes, I have funding to do crytographic hardware offloading. I
 Jonathan> have some sample boards from PowerCrypt and Soekris, and hope
 Jonathan> to have the code ready for distribution by the end of the
 Jonathan> month.
 Jonathan> This would include the drivers for the board, as well as the
 Jonathan> network changes to support offloading.

Great news, my little experimentation box (podp5v83) lacks power for
ipsec and a Soekris vpn1201 would really help.

Thanks for your answer.

Eric

--
 >Une RedHat (je ne connais pas les autres distributions) ce configure
 >aussi simplement que windows pour un poste client.
 Hélas, elle génère un maximum de traffic sur Usenet
 -+- TP in guide du linuxien pervers - "Je veux revoir ma SLS ! -+-