Date:      12 Mar 2002 23:36:03 EST
From:      "E. J. Cerejo" <ejcerejo@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   LimeWire Intalled! Finally!

After searching the FreeBSD help groups trying to find help to install limewire
I decided to go at it for myself and somehow I got it running and it's not
crashing either and here's what I did:

I downloaded the executable from tucows.com and made it executable by running
this command ' #chmod 755 LimeWireLinux.bin ' then I executed the file with '
#./LimeWireLinux.bin ' and it complained about some VM thing not being in the
path which later I found out it was looking for JRE and because I had just
installed linux-netscape6 and I remembered I had chosen JRE as one of the
plugins I had to have it installed and I ended up finding JRE in
/usr/local/lib/linux-netscape6/plugins/java2/bin/ so I added this directory to
my PATH and because I'm running the csh I added it to the .cshrc file, loged
out and loged back in and tried to run the executable again and the
installation began without any problems.

The installation path defaulted to /root/limewire17 so I changed it to
/usr/share/limewire/ and everything went fine.	Then I could not find
/usr/share/limewire/ directory and only after a while I found out that it
actually installed in /usr/compat/linux/usr/share/limewire, don't ask me why
because I don't know.  Created a link of
/usr/compat/linux/usr/share/limewire/LimeWire17 to my /usr/local/bin so it
could be in my Path and that was it.  It runs without any problems and much
better than any other one available from the ports.

If you don't have netscape6 installed you might try installing JRE from the
ports and then add the JRE directory which I think is this one '
/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/bin ' to your path and pkg-descr file says that you should
have your kernel built with this option ' SYSVSEM ' also.  There's also the
linux versions of JRE so do whatever works for you.

I hope this helps someone trying to install it also and hope I'm not off topic.

Cheers,
E. J. C.