Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:27:07 -0000
From:      "George Barnett" <george@alink.co.za>
To:        "Christian Weisgerber" <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Cc:        <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: aaaarrrrggghhh - I can't remember and it's killling me..

> paste(1)

Many thanks to all the suggestions - it just proves there are so many ways
to achieve a task in unix :) [anybody know (or care about) how to do this in
Windows? - didn't think so..].

To end off, while looking though the man page for 'paste' I found the
command I was originally thinking of:

--*snip*--

NAME
     lam - laminate files

SYNOPSIS
     lam [-f min.max] [-s sepstring] [-t c] file ...
     lam [-p min.max] [-s sepstring] [-t c] file ...

DESCRIPTION
     Lam copies the named files side by side onto the standard output.

--/*snip*--

While all the other work, this suits my needs best..

Many thanks to all those who responded :)

--george