Date:      Tue, 29 May 2007 13:50:54 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Mobile ML <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Working quite well : xorg7.2, DRI, suspend, Radeon Mobility X600

On Mon, 28 May 2007 10:32:02 -0500
Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net> wrote:

>    Hello Norberto,

Hi Bruce,
please keep the list in CC:

[...]

> 	I have a HP ZD8000 with the X600 in it, and while DRI is
>     better under 6.2-Stable and Xorg 7.2, the display is still not
>     correct. And, yes, the world is up to date, as of last week.

what do you mean, is not correct? If you see artifacts, you may want to grab a
screenshot so we can see what it is...

> 	So, I am curious as to what modules you have loaded? As I
>     say, if I uncomment DRI in the Modules section, the display
>     does not render correctly. I have "radeon" as the driver in
>     the card section. I do see drm.ko and radeon.ko in the kldstat
>     output when I uncomment DRI, but it is not useful.
at least in my case:
1) I  need to have AGP support in your kernel (or load it as module, for some
reason I've built it in...)
2) I loaded radeon by hand, drm got loaded automatically
3) i started X and it didnt die.
4) I then enabled DRI and tried again...

I then spent some more time re-running xorgcfg to get a clean config (in case
the options available in xorg6.x were different to the ones in xorg7.2

> 	Perhaps you can tell me what I am overlooking?

not sure, i've put some of hte info I think is relevant here :

http://www.meijome.net/files/freebsd/ayiin_20070529/

Beto
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"A problem cannot be solved with the same type of thinking that created it."
  Albert Einstein

Warned.