Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:05:25 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        freebsd-docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   PR docs/21708

What is the procedure for suggesting a PR that appears to be old and
forgotten be closed?

PR docs/21708 complains that the wording for the "timeout" value
in kevent(2) is ambiguous.  I don't know if someone fixed it on their
own but the current wording is:

     If
     timeout is a non-NULL pointer, it specifies a maximum interval to wait
     for an event, which will be interpreted as a struct timespec.  If timeout
     is a NULL pointer, kevent() waits indefinitely.  To effect a poll, the
     timeout argument should be non-NULL, pointing to a zero-valued timespec
     structure.  The same array may be used for the changelist and eventlist.

That does seem to address the originator's concerns - "specifies a maximum
interval" sounds like it is a relative value to me.

Thanks.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu