Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:57:04 +0200
From:      Michel Talon <michel@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vaio F709 resetting when suspending to memory

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 07:21:58PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 04:45:09PM +0200, Anders Petersson NV98ETe wrote:
> > nik@freebsd.org skriver:
> > >I use Fn+Esc to invoke the suspend,
> > If I'm not mistaken it's generally bad to use a hardware button to
> > suspend.
> > Test if using "zzz" gives better results.
>
> Nope, same effect.
>
> I'm writing this message immediately after the boot from the crash when
> I tried to suspend.
>
>      # dmesg | grep apm
>      apm0: <APM BIOS> on motherboard
>      apm0: found APM BIOS v.1.2, connected at v1.2

Just for reference, i have a desktop (Abit mobo, Duron) on which FreeBSD
detects apm (apm0: found APM BIOS v.1.2, connected at v1.2 ) but is unable to
power down the machine (halt -p). On the same machine Linux and Windows are
able to power down. So there must be some bugs in the apm implementation.

--
Michel Talon