Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:52:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Omer Faruk Sen <ofsenfreebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   routed error?

Hi;
I always get that error on my system and can't ping my
interface(ed0).

Feb 20 12:19:53 balli routed[140]: sendto(ed0,
224.0.0.2): No route to host
Feb 20 12:19:54 balli routed[140]: interface ed0 to
192.168.1.1 broken: in=1 ier
r=0 out=0 oerr=1

What that error means?Does routed daemon must be
started every boot.Or for every interface.As far as I
know Linux keeps that route information on its memory
or...and without a route daemon linux work.But is it
valid for FreeBSD?DO I have to start that daemon for
my routing tables?

IP address of my ed0 interface is 192.168.1.1.And I
have no defaultrouter if those required to clarify things.