Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 1997 08:41:04 +0100 (MET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.dk>
To:        mark@vmunix.com (Mark Mayo)
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Decent case for an Asus Dual PPro ?

> Hi all. I just picked up one of those Asus Dual PPro boards - the
> P6UP5 main board with the C-P6ND daughter card. The thing seems really
> hot (pun intended), and I'm looking forward to trying out
> FreeBSD-3.0/SMP on it!
>
> The only problem is that the only case I could find to fit it in was
> a super el-cheapo minitower that I could yank the 3.5" cage out of
> (to accomodate the long daughter card). This case sucks, and if I leave
> the metal enclosure on it gets much too hot for my comfort.

That was one of the reasons I eneded up with a TYAN board instead :)
You want to get a tower case of decent makeing, or go with a rack
mounted case (expensive).

I've always had a funny thing about small computers, so I have my
TYAN with dual p6/200-160M-8.6G in a nice little desktop case
(no not a minitower), works like a charm, and is quiet enough
that it doesn't disturb in the office.
When I put it besides some of our big servers they make here at work,
and it runs circles around them, I get those eyes from the HW guys :) :) :)

Søren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD Core Team
                Even more code to hack -- will it ever end
..