Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 18:47:51 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F6nke_Ebert?= <soenke.ebert@freenet.de>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ISDN-Connection

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C1363B.440A9880

Hi,

I am a comlete newbie with FreeBSD. I set up a small network with one =
FreeBSD (4.3-Stable) machine
and two Win 2000 machines. I installed a DHCP-server and a Samba server =
and up to now everything worked alright.
The last thing I'd like to set up now is an Internet-connection via ISDN =
(AVM Fritz Card PCI) to let the FreeBSD machine act as a router =
(firewall) for the Windows machines.
I read the docs but I am totally confused now about how to do that. I =
already made a new kernel with ISDN-support (in fact there was one error =
message while doing the 'make' command - it said that there is something =
wrong with the i4bisppp pseudo-device, so I left it out) Is the i4bisppp =
entry absolutely nessesary in the kernel config file ?
And how do I connect to the Internet if I am supposed to get the =
IP-address from the ISP (dynamically)?

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C1363B.440A9880

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am a comlete newbie with FreeBSD. I =
set up a=20
small network with one FreeBSD (4.3-Stable) machine</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>and two Win 2000 machines. I installed =
a=20
DHCP-server and a Samba server and up to now everything worked=20
alright.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The&nbsp;last thing I'd like to set up =
now is an=20
Internet-connection via ISDN (AVM Fritz Card PCI) to let the FreeBSD =
machine act=20
as a router (firewall) for the Windows machines.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I read the docs but I am totally =
confused now about=20
how to do that. I already made a new kernel with ISDN-support (in fact =
there was=20
one error message while doing the 'make' command - it said that there is =

something wrong with the i4bisppp pseudo-device, so I left it out) Is =
the=20
i4bisppp entry absolutely nessesary in the kernel config file =
?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And how do I connect&nbsp;to the =
Internet if I am=20
supposed to get the IP-address from the ISP=20
(dynamically)?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C1363B.440A9880--