Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 11:05:42 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        Joshua Emmons <skia@achilles.tcsnet.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Non win-modem? Where?

Joshua Emmons <skia@achilles.tcsnet.net> wrote:

> Can anyone suguest a good manufacturer or re-seller of non-win modems?
> I can't believe that there arn't SOME moral modem makers out there!

     USR (now 3COM) Courier modems are among the best.  They're
certainly not cheap, though.  The internal version goes for around $215,
and the external goes for around $245.  You might also want to look at
USR Sportster modems; I think the recent ones use the same core as the
Courier, but with less expensive analog circuitry (I don't think that
older Sportster modems are very good, though).

     You'll probably find cheaper alternatives if you ask your question
in the comp.dcom.modems newsgroup.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.