Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 10:59:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Squires <mikes@ct980320-b.blmngtn1.in.home.com>
To:        marwan@q8internet.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netbeui support ?

>     Ddoes SAMBA support netbeui ?

No.

>     all the windows machines will be netbeui enabled,

You'll need to install TCP/IP on the Windows machines also.  NETBEUI is a great
protocol for a small network but can't be routed and is very chatty.

I'm running smbfs/samba on a 4.3-STABLE box.  You will need to update your
samba to 2.0.7 or later if you have Windows 2000 boxes, 2.0.10 for Windows
2000 Pro SP2, I'm told (I'm running 2.0.9 with two SP2 boxes, no major
problems).

MLS