Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 1996 12:13:35 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        "Jay L. West" <jlwest@tseinc.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel messages....

> > date  time  hostname /kernel: in_rtqtimo: adjusted rtq_reallyold to 2400
>

> No, it's not running out of anything.  It is attempting to keep the
> per-host cache from consuming all available memory by shortening the
> timeout after which they are deleted.  This message is harmless, and
> you can ignore it.

This is a very common question on both News and on the mailing lists.

Is there anyway we could re-word this or even remove it if it's
informational only.  I'm not aware of any other kernel informational
messages which don't imply something 'bad' has happened, or at least
that something needs operator attention.

Nate