Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 15:55:35 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "H. Wade Minter" <minter@lunenburg.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Burncd causes a "click"

H. Wade Minter <minter@lunenburg.org> types:
> I'm burning audio CDs with both cdrecord under Linux and burncd under
> FreeBSD 4-STABLE.  Both work fine, but when I listen to the CDs burned
> under FreeBSD, there is an audible "click" at the beginning of every
> track.  The ones burned via cdrecord/Linux don't have the click.
>
> Is this a known problem?

Sounds like you're burning WAV files instead of raw audio. cdrecord
skips over the non-audio header in that case; burncd doesn't The
non-audio header then produces the click when you play it.

If that's the case, you need to either strip the header by hand, or
use convert the file to a raw PCM file. Check the -questions list
arcvhive for details.

	<mike