Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:54:47 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        "Roman Y. Bogdanov" <peps37@ktk.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD speed?

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 02:44:01 +0800, Roman Y. Bogdanov wrote:
> ... np: ATB - The Summer [Club Mix]
>
>   I have plextor px-40 SCSI II CDROM.
>
>   Can I use camcontrol for change speed setting of this cdrom?
>   Like plextool's for win32?
>
>   Or give me advise that software I can use in freebsd for change
>   locking read speed of cdrom.

If you're just using it to play music, there's no reason to change the
speed.

If you're reading data or ripping CDDA information off the drive, I think
it'll generally go at the fastest speed possible.

My guess is the speed is set in a mode page somewhere, so if you really
want to set it, you can try hunting around in the mode pages.  (See the
camcontrol(8) man page for details.)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry