Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:01:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wes Kurdziolek <wkurdzio@cslab.vt.edu>
To:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        <hubs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: index.shtml in distfiles root dir

Not if you configure your HTTP server to expect the index file to be
something other than the typical index.html, index.shtml, default.htm,
etc. If you're using Apache, search for the DirectoryIndex directive in
your httpd.conf file and change it to something that you don't think would
even show up as a file name in the archive like disabled.....disabled (the
five dots are intentional).

--
Wes Kurdziolek
Virginia Tech Computer Science Lab