Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:24:45 -0800
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, scott_long@btc.adaptec.com, mark_salyzyn@adaptec.com, obrien@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: asr can not map memory?

> Is there a way that we can "fix" this without blindly allowing bad
> bus_alloc_resources ?  I'm a bit confused as to wheather our code is
> behaving oddly or if it's just the device violating some spec...

Yes, our code is busted; it should check both ranges and get the
arithmetic right.  I believe that Warner did something about this in
-current, but I'm not sure what or if it's backportable.

> > You should have bought a 3ware controller. 8)
>
> 3ware should talk to Frys. :)

3ware don't feel like the bend-over-and-you-pay-for-the-crisco treatment,
I guess.

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not