Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:07:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ia64@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Oh what the heck..

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 22-Feb-01 Doug Rabson wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, John Baldwin wrote:
> >
> >> Well, I figured that I'd try to fix switch_trampoline anyway.  I also needed
> >> remove all traces of sched_lock setting from cpu_switch() since that is now
> >> done in mi_switch().  The end result is this patch.  I have no idea if it is
> >> correct or not.  Comments?  (I still need to fix userret() to take a pointer
> >> a trapframe).
> >
> > I haven't tested it but it looks correct to me.
>
> Hmmmm, ok.  I guess I'll be a little daring and commit it.  I guess I need to
> sit down and finish getting a compile environment (and possibly ski) setup so I
> can test this stuff, and so I can keep the ia64 from falling too far behind the
> other architectures.

Its pretty painless. I have a toolchain sitting around in
http://people.freebsd.org/~dfr/ia64-toolchain.tar.gz and a sample
filesystem in ia64-fs.tar.gz.

Ski runs quite well on -current with the one problem that it sets vmin and
vtime for the console pty to 255 instead of zero. If you can work out
which pty its using (just look for bogus vmin values with stty), you can
use something like:

	$ stty min 0 time 0 < /dev/ttypXX

as a workaround.

--