Date:      Tue, 10 May 2005 09:55:10 +0200
From:      Lupe Christoph <lupe@lupe-christoph.de>
To:        christian@asba.no
Cc:        munin-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: munin-*-1.2.2

Quoting christian astrup bakke <christian@asba.no>:

> after cvsuping last night, i updated rrdtool (before 1.0.49) to the new
> 1.2.4 in /usr/ports/net/rrdtool. after doing this, running
> /usr/local/bin/munin-cron segfaults with:

> $ /usr/local/bin/munin-cron
> dummy: invalid option -- T
> dummy: invalid option -- :
> dummy: invalid option --
> dummy: invalid option -- C
> dummy: invalid option -- T
> dummy: invalid option -- :
> dummy: invalid option --
> dummy: invalid option -- T
> dummy: invalid option -- :
> dummy: invalid option --
> Segmentation fault

> i did also see some additional errors (regarding perl and RRDs.pm), but i'm
> unable to recreate/find them now. sorry about that.

> hope you can look into this (i would if i could), and maybe update the port
> to the current stable or devel (1.2.3/1.3.2) at the same time. thanks for
> maintaining munin-*!

As I'm very short on resources to check this: Does anybody on the Munin
mailinglist have experience with RRDtool 1.2.4? It looks like the
command line arguments have changed. This is an area my port does not
touch, so the problem should be oprtable ;-)

(I'm away from my home workstation where I have VMware running a
variety of FreeBSD releases, and my new notebook does not have VMware
installed yet, let alone the virtual machines running FreeBSD. I can't
check this before next Saturday.)

Christian, can you please track down the problem a little further?
munin-cron is just a shell script that alls four Perl programs.
Please try calling them by hand, or jst run sh -x /usr/local/bin/munin-cron.

Thanks,
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "... putting a mail server on the Internet without filtering is like   |