Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2013 00:08:38 +0200
From:      Oliver Pinter <oliver.pntr@gmail.com>
To:        Florent Peterschmitt <florent@peterschmitt.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A way to switch off nVidia discrete cards ?

On 6/8/13, Florent Peterschmitt <florent@peterschmitt.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've absolutely no skill in system development but I think, based on
> bbswitch (which is part of bumblebee project), that doing such a think
> would not be too difficult.
>
> I have a 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD which I'm going to upgrade to -current, for
> testing and developing purpose so, is there any documentation or little
> how-to of how to develop for FreeBSD, in the kernel, using access to
> hardware and ACPI ?

p@pandora-test ~> sysctl -d hw.pci.do_power_nodriver
hw.pci.do_power_nodriver: Place a function into D3 state when no
driver attaches to it.  0 means
disable.  1 means conservatively place devices into D3 state.  2 means
agressively place devices into D3 state.  3 means put absolutely everything
in D3 state.