Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 1998 11:47:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Jukka Similä <lmkjuksi@info1.info.tampere.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Support broken?]

	Ok, having now seen the questions, here is my experience. First,
the Mashuita Sound Card junk never worked very well at all. It was meant
as a Psedu-IDE device. As such, I'm actually surprised that it works
under Win95! Some things you might want to check, the I/O address and IRQ
on the sound card that controlls the CDROM. Most those sounds cards had
two or more jumper blocks, one for sound, one for the CDROM. It's
possible that you have a conflict somewhere and don't know it. Second,
check you BIOS for PNP devices, change the IRQ's used by the sound card
opposite of whatever they're set for right now. This will probally take
some experimenting and multiple reboots. Third, replace the CDROM with a
newer IDE one if you can, in my opinion, if you've had this much trouble
so far, it's not worth using the older CDROM drive.

					Rick