Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:52:55 -0700
From:      philip@adhesivemedia.com (Philip Hallstrom)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: news server

If you are only interested in sucking news from an upstream server for a
realatively small number of users/groups take a look at leafnode+ (in
the ports).  It has some nice features in that it can watch what groups
people are reading and either start or stop fetching that group
depending on whether people are or are not reading it...
It states right up front though that it's not meant for a lot of users
and/or groups.
I run it on a P133/64ram for an office of 7 where I think I'm the only
reading news regularly in about 5 groups (freebsd/www/unix stuff). works
great for us.
-philip