Date:      Sun, 26 May 1996 18:18:39 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, marxx@apocalypse.superlink.net, freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: something's weird with ps

> Christoph P. Kukulies stands accused of saying:

> One or more of the set {ps,libkvm,kernel} don't match.
>
> This is a -current beginners questions Christoph; I'm sure you've seen this
> before.

Nope. (See my previous posting on this). ps/w/libkvm/kernel mismatches
oszillate these days. I wouldn't have asked if it would have been the
'usual' 'proc size mismatch' error.

It turned out that it had been a missing /procfs (which I disabled
recently due to some transient defunct mount_std).

> > same sup I don't have this problem. It might still be some glitch
> > caused by one of the following:
> >
> > 1) the machine is a NIS server - runs ypserv and ypbind.
> > 2) I built world with the internat secure stuff this time.
>
> Almost certainly irrelevant.  I bet you were running ps or something that
> required libkvm (systat maybe?) while the world was being built.

Bet lost, see above :-)