Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:06:57 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scsi problems [device x?]

Hi Peter!

On  2 Mar 02 at 19:39 you wrote:

> SCSI(4)                FreeBSD Kernel Interfaces Manual
> NAME
>      SCSI, CAM - CAM SCSI subsystem
> SYNOPSIS
>      device scbus
>      device scbus1 at ahc0 [snip]
>      device da
>
> [1] When manpages refer to a line of text saying "device pcm0" or
> whatever, where do they intend for you to enter that text, i.e. in which
> file?

It should go into your kernel configuration file.

> [2] I feel I am using a generic "PnP" kernel, and would like info on how to
> recompile (rebuild?) the kernel to only load what is pertinent to my
> system, help?  Is this difficult, and does it involve cc/gcc/build? :(

It's not difficult. Follow chapter 9 of the handbook (can be found
online at www.freebsd.org) and you should have no problems. You'll
also find out what a kernel configuration file is :-)
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!