Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 20:15:55 +0200
From:      Willem Brown <willem@brwn.org>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network load balancing hardware ...

Hi,

An Intelligent HTTP Gateway which provides site based

Load Balancing,
Reliability,
Scalability, and
Quality of Service.

Regards
Willem Brown

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 02:41:03PM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> I need to find a piece of hardware, but for the life of me I can't think
> of the name to search on at someplace like Google ...
>
> Basically, I need a box to sit in front of two boxes that handles
> connections to those two boxes ... if one goes down, the 'frontend' knows
> and only sends requests to the other one ...
>
> Does anyone know *what* I'm talking about, and/or who sells such a beast?
>
> Thanks ...
>
> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

 /*      Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. The choice is yours.      */

Where there's no emotion, there's no motive for violence.
		-- Spock, "Dagger of the Mind", stardate 2715.1