Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 14:31:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Gestur A. Grjetarsson" <gestur@islandia.is>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        FREEBSD-ISP-L <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>, FREEBSD-QUESTIONS-L <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Need tips and tricks for UUCP mail and news

Checkout the Cyclom cards:

http://www.cyclades.com

they have fine cards, well supported by FreeBSD and very copetitive prices
comparing to the other fine Brands.

On Sun, 21 Apr 1996, Brian Tao wrote:

> Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 23:21:37 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
> To: FREEBSD-ISP-L <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>,
>     FREEBSD-QUESTIONS-L <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> Subject: Need tips and tricks for UUCP mail and news
>
>     Are there any FAQ's or guides on setting up a UUCP mail and news
> server under FreeBSD?  I have almost no clue about how UUCP works (I
> figure everyone should be able to use SMTP or NNTP by now) with
> regards to spooling messages for later delivery or how it interacts
> with the mail and news server to send/receieve messages.
>
>     The machine is running FreeBSD 2.1.0R, sendmail and INN.  The
> client who wants the UUCP machine will have his clients dialup over
> 28.8k modems.  He doesn't know whether they will be dialing straight
> into a UUCP login, or connecting via PPP.  He also doesn't know what
> software will be running on the remote side.  He just wants "UUCP to
> work".   Compressed UUCP over TCP?  Is the UUCP that comes with
> FreeBSD good enough to do this?
>
>     Any tips or pointers to documentation or sample configuration
> files will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
> --
> Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
> Systems and Network Administrator, Internex Online Inc.
> "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't"

  Med kvedju
  Sincerely

  Gestur A. Grjetarsson           gestur@islandia.is
  kerfisstjori islandia.is      sysadmin islandia.is

          http://www.islandia.is/~gestur
        http://www.islandia.is/misc/skvopn

 There are only three kind of people in the world !
  Those who know how to count,
	  		     and those who don't !