Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:02:51 -1000 (HST)
From:      Nathanael Lierly <lierly@www.mauigateway.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apple LazerWriter printcap

Aloha from Hawaii,

I'm going on the second day playing with this elderly beast of a printer.
I was wondering if any kind soul had had the joy of trying to set one of
these up on a FreeBSD box and might have a printcap file around and or
some suggestions as to the best way to connect it. I've got the printer
hooked up to /dev/cuaa0 and set to 9600 baud...but all I get from the
printer is the evil startup page and little blinky lights that go on for
days..I've tryed null cables non-null cables..both ports on the
LaserWriter and setting the printer to differt speeds / whatever Special
and Appletalk really mean....so any help would be great..

Aloha Oe,
Nathanael Lierly

 Nathanael Lierly (AKA. Cephas, Keken, THEOBAUD, Thundarr)
 UNIX Systems Administrator - FreeBSD, mach, various oditys (cephas@mauibuilt.com)
 Maui Gateway (www.mauigateway.com nlierly@mauigateway.com)
 Digital Werks - Media City (www.virtualhawaii.com lierly@virtualhawaii.com)

- A computer glitch will not bring about the end of civilization. It takes
hordes of panicking people to do that.- question@mauigateway.com Johnathan