Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:40:50 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        d m <d.menzel@online.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: drivers.flp - How to use ???

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 03:00:45PM +0100, d m wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did not find an answer in the docs or mailinglistarchive...
>
> I'm trying to install FreeBSD 5.0 RC3 an my Digital Alpha 1000 (AS1000).
>
> I can boot to the textmenu, but the hds can't be seen (RAID-Controller
> Mylex DAC960).
>
> The drivers.flp can't be used in this menu. I tried to load the
> kernelmodules before the textmenu pops up with the 'load' command.
> I can see the drivers e.g. mlx.ko, mlx.dsc on the disk with ls, but
> 'load' tells me 'can't find xxx'.
>
> How does it work ?
>
> There is no menuentry in the textmenu where I can load drivers, at least
> I did not find it....
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I'm doing this from memory, so I might not be 100% right...

There is a menu option to load a KLD in the 5.0 sysinstall -- I think right
at the end of the 'Configure' menu.  You have to scroll down to see it, but
it is there.

If you want to load them in the loader (before actually booting the kernel)
you have to give the full path, eg.

    load /if_wi.ko

I guess either method will work.

HTH,