Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 1997 15:41:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        ben@narcissus.ml.org (Stranger Bone)
Cc:        mrcpu@cdsnet.net, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to build the whole tree -static?

Stranger Bone wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Jaye Mathisen wrote:
>

> > I have space to burn on 1 box.  Is there an easy way to tweak the build
> > process to make it compile the whole darn thing non-shared?
> >

> Change it to
>
> CFLAGS          ?=      -O -static
I don't belive that this would work right.  I should be a linker
flag...

>  Ben

You should also be able to set the env variable NOSHARED and get the
same effect.  Thats why I added this.

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team