Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 00:31:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Bill Maniatty <maniattb@cs.rpi.edu>
Subject:   Re:

On Aug 12 Aram Compeau wrote:

> With the money you save there, buy a different motherboard (Say the
> P2B-D), and get Ultra 2 wide SCSI. Then pick up some nice IBM LVD U2W
> SCSI drives (Say, the IBM 18LZX if cost is not an issue, 18ES if it is
> :-). You'll get a better boost from the U2W SCSI and the faster hard
> drives than the dual CPU under most circumstance, IMHO. Those IBM drives
> are very nice...

Definitely IBM drives.

> I can highly recommend the Lite-On FS020 case over an Inwin Q500. Only
> $143 at Cobra Computers (good mail-order company, too). Look under
> `Products->Cases and Power Supplies->Server Cases`. The model is
> FSP-020....
>     http://www.cobracomp.net/

Get the Inwin Q500-300 from the same place for $71.33 and get 3
more 5.24 and one more 3.5 drive bays than the Lite-On.

The last four cases I've bought have been Inwin and I have yet to
scratch or cut my hand in any of them.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null