Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:13:38 -0600
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Removing BIND

I've installed BIND 9 in /usr/local.  I've set NO_BIND=true in
/etc/make.conf.

Now I would like to remove the BIND 8 binary files included in
FreeBSD's base install.

Does anyone have a "packing list" for FreeBSD's BIND
programs/libraries/manpages?  The very existence of BIND 8 on my
system is confusing.

Are there any plans in FreeBSD to facilitate the *removal* of certain
major components?  Sendmail and BIND are the two major things I like to
customize, and even with a system like mailer.conf, it seems kind of
clumsy to have two sendmail binaries, two sets of manpages, etc.

--
Christopher Farley
www.northernbrewer.com