Date:      02 Nov 2000 16:26:05 -0800
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
Cc:        knu@idaemons.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /dev/null unwritable problem again?

 * From: Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>

 * Did anything do a "fetch -o /dev/null"?  I've had trouble with fetch
 * removing /dev/null after a failed fetch.

I don't think that is very likely.  I can't find any evidence that
postgresql7 has built even once in the package build cluster.

The chroot environments are reused over the course of one package set
build.  Unless hundreds of other ports are removing /dev/null, I find
it very unlikely that postgres keeps running into chroot environments
with missing /dev/null's.

If it is postgresql itself that is removing /dev/null, that is a
different matter.

I'll put in a "ls" in the Makefile so we'll see what's happening.

Satoshi