Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:35:19 +0100
From:      Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postfix: No buffer space available

>Have you tried playing with:
>
>kern.ipc.maxsockbuf: 262144
>kern.ipc.sockbuf_waste_factor: 8
>kern.ipc.maxsockets: 4136
>
>The first one looks particularly interesting.

We have of course looked at that, and "guessed" it was as interesting
as you did.

I'm looking for some more precise guidance, if it's available, before
we go twisting knobs and pushing buttons to see what happens.

however, the cowboy rode over the hill and found this Indian:

# /sbin/sysctl -w kern.ipc.maxsockets=5000
         sysctl: oid 'kern.ipc.maxsockets' is read only

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : Binary for ISC BIND 8.2.3 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways