Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 23:19:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Donald J. Maddox" <root@rhiannon.scsn.net>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bug with moused and XFree86

> Donald J. Maddox stands accused of saying:
> >
> >     Ok, that did the trick!  Thanks for all the help, Jason.
> > BTW...  Why is there no manpage for moused?  Is there anywhere

<SNIP>

> As the original author of moused (no complaints please), I hereby delegate
> the authoring of the moused manpage, herafter to be referred to as
> moused.1, to Donald J. Maddox.
>
> Donald, please contact Soren and me when you have a planned release date
> for this important piece of documentation.

    Well, the thread leading up to this message should demonstrate that
that would be a pretty poorly-informed manpage, indeed. :-)

    In all seriousness, though, if you took my question as some kind
of "demand" for a manpage, then you read far more into it than I
wrote.

    I ask "why is there no manpage?" because I cannot, offhand, think
of any other binary on my FreeBSD machine that *doesn't* have a
manpage.  I cannot find a reference to moused in either the FAQ or
the handbook, either.  I believe that this inconsistency justifies
my curiousity.

    I state "this lack of documentation will lead to more wasted
bandwidth" because that is a self-evident fact.

    I appreciate the effort that you put into writing moused.  I
do not feel that you are in any way *obligated* to document your
work.

--

                                            Donald J. Maddox
                                            (dmaddox@scsn.net)