Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:29:05 -0600
From:      "Adam" <adam@jamradar.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   pkg_add Not Working

I'm trying to add packages over my network connection.  I can =
anonymously FTP into ftp.freebsd.org so I know my FTP connection is =
working.  In the manual for pkg_add it said that I may have a problem =
with FTP firewall but I have none set up.  It also said to enter =
something in my environment variable for passive ftp firewall but I =
don't know where it is..

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong?

# pkg_add -r mysql-server-4.1.7
Error: FTP Unable to get =
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.3-release/Latest/=
mysql-server-4.1.7.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no =
access)
pkg_add: unable to fetch =
'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5.3-release/Latest=
/mysql-server-4.1.7.tbz' by URL